Labor Day

Labor Day is a time to celebrate Americas workforce.

Labor Day is a time to celebrate America’s workforce.

Rory Munt, Reporter

Labor Day is very important to our students here at Hidden Valley High School! This holiday has many traditions and customs. On Labor Day students, staff, and parents get a day off. Here at Hidden Valley High School, we believe the holiday to be of extreme importance.

Labor Day first came to be in 1894. The holiday was invented to show the many contributions of the working person. What they have done to improve Americas general well-being and strength. We get a break on this holiday, so the working person get some time to rest and spend time with loved ones.

Labor Day is celebrated with parades, picnics, parties, festivals, and lake days. Labor Day also has lots of variety for food. Some foods that are classic for this holiday are chicken, burgers, stake, ribs, corn on the cob, hot dogs, pork, potato salad, etc.

Labor Day weekend is a great opportunity to spend time with loved ones. Many students’ parents work a lot. Some teachers also work multiple jobs, so it also gives them time to spend with the ones they love also. When senior George Wright was asked the question “what he did this Labor Day weekend” he said, “I was able to just hang out with my parents for the first time in a while, 2 jobs I really don’t get to see them till 9:00 at night each night. So, its nice to just finally have the 3 of us.”

Overall, the holiday is a great opportunity to celebrate our country, the working people, and family.