Non-traditional post-grad plans

Hidden Valley grad students take on new challenges as they go on to do new and exciting things

Alexys Hairston, Staff Reporter

Going to college is something that most high school seniors look forward to. But it doesn’t always does that mean that it is the best option for everyone to go straight after high school. Some students, post grad, choose to go into the military, go on a mission trip, or go to non-traditional college.

“I decided I really wanted to go to a school solely focused on dance, and I wanted to do more than just a college dance team because I’ve been dancing and competing,” said Amanda Shell (12).

Students Amanda Shell (12), Aaron Hunt (12), and Bella Sorrentino (12) are just a few students at Hidden Valley that are changing it up and taking a very different path. Sorrentino (12) and Hunt (12) are both going on mission trips and Shell is going to a non- traditional dance school.

“In the beginning I didn’t think I was going to go [on the mission trip] because I thought I was just going to go to college like everyone else,” said Sorrentino (12).

Taking a mission trip was always something Hunt (12) knew he was going to do, but didn’t think he would do it straight out of high school. He is currently unsure about where exactly he is going and when and how long he will be going but will soon find out.

“I decided to go right after high school rather than waiting a year like some of my cousins are doing because that was just what I want to do and it meant less distractions with things like school and friends,” said Aaron Hunt (12)

Shell always knew dance would be something that followed her throughout her life because it has been something she has done for so long and didn’t want to stop, even when going into college. She will be attending The University of the Arts located in Pennsylvania.

“I’m looking forward to finding my place in the world of dance and I hope that college directs me in the right path,” said Shell (12)

Lastly, Bella Sorrentino (12) has chosen to go on a 9 month mission trip in the fall instead of going straight to college. She will be going to five countries including Colombia, Ecuador, Cambodia, Thailand, and Albania. Sorrentino (12) will be working to show civilians the work of God in their lives.

“I hope that I can reach people that I meet there and also learn more about myself and also that when I come back I can be more helpful to other people,” said Sorrentino (12)

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

Regional Halloween attractions

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

“Hortus Romanus”…the sequel

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

Senioritis

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

Online class vs. in class

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

New friends, same school

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

Culinary conundrum

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

A lack of harvest

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

New Years resolutions and celebrations

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

Left behind in 2016

• Non-traditional post-grad plans

Student Life

Thanksgiving traditions

Non-traditional post-grad plans