Dominance of women’s sports

At Hidden Valley, our women’s sports teams have been historically dominant. This season is no different, as a multitude of teams have had successful seasons thus far.

This year, our Lady Titans on the soccer field have been phenomenal both on and off the field.

“Our season has been really successful so far, we’re playing really well,” said Lauren Kupec (12), a goalie on the varsity soccer team.

With the men’s tennis team always being dominant, the women’s team is trying to match that success.

“I don’t know what’s going on, but everyone is just playing very well,” said Olivia Honaker (12), who is playing in the top spot of the tennis roster.

The women’s lacrosse team has been striving for greatness ever since the season began. With this, they are hoping to do well in the state postseason tournament.

“We’ve come through a lot of hardship, but it has brought us closer together,” said Natalie Martin (12), a senior on the lacrosse team.

The school year is quickly dwindling, but all of these teams’ seasons are not yet over. The VHSL state tournament for most of these teams is in June, and all of our women’s teams are trying to compete with the best the state has to offer.

About the Writers
Andrew Porterfield, Editor-in-Chief

Hey chief, my name’s Andrew Porterfield, and this is my fourth and final year on the Titan Times staff. I'm excited to enter into the editor-in-chief...

Shreyas Gullapalli, Op-Ed Editor

Hello world, my name is Shreyas, as you’ve probably already seen above. This will be my second year working on the newspaper, although I'm a senior....