NFL Debut

The NFL season is underway.

The NFL season is underway.

Carson Wood, Staff Reporter

With the 2018-2019 NFL preseason done with, everybody is eager to see the regular season. Most teams from the playoffs last year have a good chance at making it again this year, but those teams who struggled to go .500 last season probably don’t have the best chance to excel this year. According to ESPN, every team has a chance to win the title, but some of those chances are 0.1 percent or less.

Many NFL teams who drafted quarterbacks are hoping that those players don’t become busts. In week one of the NFL regular season, the rookie quarterback of the New York Jets, Sam Darnold, put up outstanding numbers solidifying his spot as starting quarterback. His stats in week one were 16/21 passing, 198 total yards, and two touchdowns. Most rookie quarterbacks are going to have to prove themselves by going through very tough challenges if they are going to want to make their mark in the NFL.

Not all of the week one games went as expected as many good teams were taken down. Some teams who were projected to have another bad season took many by surprise and dominated their games. Ryan Fitzpatrick, the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had a career game against the Saints and had fans stunned with his performance. Ryan Fitzpatrick’s stats were 21/28 passing, 417 total yards, and 4 touchdowns.

So far the NFL season has not disappointed any fans at all with all of these upsets and dominating performances. Fans will surely be anxious to see what the rest of the season has in store.

• NFL Debut

Sports

Fall Sports

• NFL Debut

Sports

Young Quarterbacks Taking Over

• NFL Debut

Sports

Kentucky vs Florida

• NFL Debut

Sports

Teague steps down

• NFL Debut

Sports

HV Football

• NFL Debut

Sports

Insider Trading in the NFL

• NFL Debut

Sports

Summer Workouts

• NFL Debut

Sports

Titan Tennis

• NFL Debut

Sports

UVA Gets Dogged

• NFL Debut

Sports

Girl’s Lacrosse Continues To Strive on the Field

NFL Debut