HV Football

Hidden Valley dropped the first two games of the season.

Carson Wood, Staff Reporter

As the 2018-2019 school year gets into full swing, high school sports are just getting going. The Hidden Valley Titans football team kicked their season off against Patrick Henry. The game was extremely close but Patrick Henry scored late and won the game with a final score of 36-35.

“Our thoughts going into this next game are that we need to play as a team and start off strong,” said Sam Dragovich (9).

After Hidden Valley’s heartbreaking loss, they had a home game vs. William Byrd. The game did not turn out well as the Titans were defeated with a final score of 21-45.

“If we clean up our mistakes we will be fine, and start winning a bunch of football games,” said Crandall (12).

Since homecoming is coming up, so is the homecoming football game. To most people the homecoming game is the most important game of the year, so the Titans will definitely have to show out and win against Franklin County.

“We go into every game thinking we’re going to win, but this week especially, knowing it’s our homecoming game it’s kind of a “must win” for our team,” said Crandall (12).

With only the first few games of the season for the football team, there is still plenty of time for them to develop. So hopefully as the season goes on the football team can start dominating their games and finish out their season strong.