NFL playoffs 2017

Logos of all the NFL teams.

Logos of all the NFL teams.

Logos of all the NFL teams.

Aaliyah Tribble, Staff Reporter

32 teams came in, and only one team will come out on top. That’s right, it’s the NFL playoffs once again.

Out of 32 teams, only twelve advanced to the playoffs. The twelve hopefuls are the Oakland Raiders, Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Detroit Lions, Seattle Seahawks, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons, and the Dallas Cowboys.

The Wild Card round took place on January 7th and 8th. This was the first round off the NFL Playoffs. The Dolphins faced the Steelers at Heinz Field, the Raiders played the Texans in NRG Stadium, the Lions competed against the Seahawks at CenturyLink Field, and the Giants took on the Packers on Lambeau Field. After all was said and done, Pittsburgh, Houston, Seattle, and Green Bay came out on top.

The Divisional Round took place on January 14th and 15th. The Steelers and the Chiefs faced off in Pittsburgh, the Texans and the Patriots played in New England, the Seahawks took on the Flacons in Atlanta, and lastly, the Packers and the Cowboys competed in Dallas. Pittsburg, New England, Green Bay, and Atlanta advanced to the Championship round.

The final round before Super Bowl LI took place on January 22nd. New England hosted the AFC Championship game between the Patriots and the Steelers. In Atlanta, the Falcons and the Packers faced off. The winner of these games were the Falcons and the Patriots. These two teams will vie for the Super Bowl title on February 5th in NRG Stadium.

Looking back at last year’s playoffs, the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos competed for the Super Bowl 50 title. It was football legend Peyton Manning’s last game, and he faced Carolina’s Cam Newton. In the end, Denver came out victorious. However, neither team found their way into the postseason this year. The Panthers had a 6-10 record and Denver had a 9-7 record. Neither record was good enough to get into the playoffs.

Every team’s goal is to get the win, but there can only be one winner. As a wise coach at HVMS once said, it all comes down to who wants it more. Both teams can be equally good, but the team that wants to win more will be the teams that wins. That will be shown in Super Bowl LI.

• Opinion

Coming to realizations: How I changed from freshman year to senior year

• NFL playoffs 2017

Student Life

Senioritis

• NFL playoffs 2017

Opinion

College concepts

• NFL playoffs 2017

Sports

Spring signings

• NFL playoffs 2017

Student Life

New friends, same school

• NFL playoffs 2017

Student Life

A lack of harvest

• NFL playoffs 2017

News

Wind energy on North Mountain

• NFL playoffs 2017

Opinion

Breaking valentine’s heart

• NFL playoffs 2017

News

The Trump effect

• NFL playoffs 2017

Sports

Sexual assault in college football

NFL playoffs 2017