Theatre Club

Back to Article
Back to Article

Theatre Club

Cj Rodenburg (12) on a prop used in Theatre Club.

Farah Iqbal, Reporter

Late nights spent studying for tests can be the worst when students have to wake up at 7:30 in the morning to go to school. Now Hidden Valley will give you the opportunity to enjoy a hot cup of coffee in the morning, all thanks to the Theatre Club. This year Theatre Club is raising money for their annual spring production by selling coffee.

“I like to think in my mind that theatre helps people to escape from whatever they may have going on in the their lives and just be entertained for like an hour or two, that’s what it is to me anyways,” said Cj Rodenberg (12).

Theatre Club members meet after school to put their ideas and thoughts together to come up with acts, skits, and eventually an entire play with different characters and scenes.

“Right now we are trying figure out what show we are going to do, and I’m trying to figure out how to get more money into the program,” said Rodenberg (12).

Cj came up with the idea to start a coffee shop in the school to raise more money for the spring production. The club is planning to open the shop in a couple weeks, and it will be located in the concession stand across from the school store. They will be serving different flavors of coffee like mocha and pumpkin spice and they will also have pastries

“Zach Reynolds and I are running it for our Titan Twenty Times Project,” said Rodenburg (12). The Titan Twenty Times Project is an assignment for Mrs. Honaker’s AP senior class. It is students doing something that benefits others and themselves.

The opening of this coffee shop will benefit the students and teachers, helping them get through the school day with a caffeine fix. The coffee shop will be making it easier to plan performances, knowing Theatre Club is financially stable. So visit the coffee shop and support the Titan Theatre Troupe.