A Quiet Place Review

A Quiet Place combines true horror and gut-wrenching suspense into one of the best movies of 2018

Andrew Porterfield, Reporter

Could you imagine living in a world in which any sound is a signal for your imminent death? Well, John Krasinski can. A Quiet Place is a horror film that features the married power couple Emily Blunt and John Krasinski and illustrates a post-apocalyptic setting.

When I first heard of this film and its respective cast, I couldn’t help but think of Krasinksi’s role as Jim Halpert on The Office. That is the role he’s most known for, and it was nearly impossible for me to picture him as any other character. As the plotline progressed, however, I found myself fully immersed in the movie, with no inhibitions regarding

Nowadays, it is difficult to find a horror movie with a solid plot that can keep viewers intrigued. A Quiet Place had absolutely no problem keeping me interested, and that is definitively because of the creativity of the problem at hand. This is where this film takes the cake, as every sound lead to my increasing blood pressure and heartbeat. I constantly found myself on the edge of my seat, even during some anticlimactic points in the film, as the silence adds to the fear factor.

The trailers don’t do this movie justice, as they did not do a great job of capturing the true suspense in the movie itself. If you’re one of those “I decide whether or not to go to a movie based solely on the quality of the trailer” people, you will undoubtedly miss out on a truly phenomenal motion picture.

Even a casual movie-goer should make it a point to see A Quiet Place in theaters, as the experience can simply not be replicated. This movie appeals to everybody, except for the jumpy, squeamish viewers who cannot keep their eyes open for a full scene. I would recommend this movie to anyone who is ready for a somewhat spiritual viewing experience.

9.5/10

• A Quiet Place Review

Arts and Entertainment

A Simple Favor Review

• A Quiet Place Review

Arts and Entertainment

The Kissing Booth Movie Review

• A Quiet Place Review

Movies

Solo: A Star Wars Story

• A Quiet Place Review

Movies

Infinity War Review

• A Quiet Place Review

Movies

Everyday Movie Review

• A Quiet Place Review

Movies

Black Panther Review

• A Quiet Place Review

Movies

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review

• A Quiet Place Review

Movies

Wonder Movie Review: WONDERful

• A Quiet Place Review

Movies

The Vampire Diaries Review

• A Quiet Place Review

Arts and Entertainment

A Series of Unfortunate Events Review

A Quiet Place Review