Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Review

Steven Shin and Sadie Hayes

After the wildly successful release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, many fans have been eagerly waiting to see the continuation of the iconic franchise. Now, with The Last Jedi out in theaters, the epic tale continues – this time with 100% less death star.

Deviating from the usual structure of movie reviews, we’ll be including each of our thoughts and experiences separately.

Sadie Hayes:

I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie, and I don’t mean that figuratively. I wanted to stay through to the next showing. This movie outdid itself on a whole new level

I sat in awe till the final credits finished rolling through. It had me mesmerized. Thoughts were scrambling through my mind. The auditorium was packed full of applause and cheering as soon as the credits rolled through. It was absolutely a wonderful experience.

So far, The last Jedi has me head over heels. It was full of twist and turns. I would spend money to go see it again. The anticipation will have your stomach in knots. It was so good, I forgot we even bought popcorn.

Steven Shin:

As soon as the main theme blared and the Star Wars logo began to float onto the screen, the entire theater I was in broke out in applause.

Shoveling popcorn down my throat, I felt a strange combination of anticipation and nostalgia while watching the universe I adored throughout childhood come back to life on the screen. Other than the guy sitting next to me who just had to narrate the entire opening crawl (ughh), I had a very enjoyable time sharing this experience with the full theater.

This installment of Star Wars is absolutely astounding, full of twists and turns that keeps the viewers on the edges of their seats. The Last Jedi expertly combines such old favorites as Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, and R2D2 with the newly introduced Rey, BB-8, and Porgs (these are adorable) and creates an engaging concoction of drama and humor.

Of course, there are a few areas where The Last Jedi failed to shine. I’ve heard people say that the movie is too long, the happenings are too frantic and crowded to keep up, and they just didn’t like Rose, though I disagree with that last sentiment. However, none of the negative aspects of this movie can keep me from strongly recommending it to everyone. I mean, come on… It’s Star Wars!

About the Writers
Steven Shin, Reporter

Hi! I’m Steven, and this is my second year with the Titan Times. I am thrilled to be able to help produce the school newspaper, and I’m looking forward...

Sadie Hayes, Reporter

Hey y’all!!!!! Sadie here! This is my third year being on the Titan Times staff, and I had so much fun last year that I just had to come back. I took...