“I’m just a musical prostitute my dear” – Freddie Mercury

Symphony Jackson, Report

The new movie Bohemian Rhapsody came out November 2, 2018. The movie was based around the rock band Queen, but focused mainly on the life of Freddie Mercury. The movie starts out with how the band meets and then goes through the timeline of the bands time together. One major part of the movie was Mercury finding out what sexuality he was, he started out engaged to a woman named Mary Austin and then realized that’s not what he wanted. He had many relations with different men, then found out closer to the end of the movie that he had contracted AIDS. The movie ended with Queens iconic performance at the Live Aid concert at Wembley Stadium in London and the John F Kennedy Stadium in Philadelphia on July 13, 1985.

The movie stars Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury, Ben Hardy as Roger Taylor, Joseph Mazzelo as John Deacon, and Gwilym Lee as Brian May. Maleks representation of Mercury was so spot on that the only way you could tell the difference is if you looked as close as you could. Malek engulfed the spirit of Mercury and portrays him perfectly. I would liked to have seen more of the lives of the other members but overall the movie was a smash and I could watch it for days on end and never get tired.

I would recommend this movie to anybody and everybody because it tells such and amazing story and allows you to see into the life of Queen like never before.

10/10

About the Writer
Symphony Jackson, Reporter

Hi, my name is Symphony Jackson and this is my second year with Titan Times. I joined the program because I love to write and report people's stories...