Local Musician Sarah Breeding

This is a picture of Sarah Breeding.

This is a picture of Sarah Breeding.

Alexys Hairston, Reporter

Lord Botetourt High School student and local musician Sarah Breeding is on a journey she has been dreaming of doing since she has a little girl, she is a local up and coming R&B artist.

“Ever since I could talk and listened to music on the radio I always tried to sing along to it and my whole family said I was a great singer,” said Breeding.

Sarah talked about how modern artists that are played today inspire her to continue to write the specific style of music she does.

“The words they sing are so relatable which is something I try to very much incorporate into my songs. Artists such as Jhene Aiko, Kehlani, SZA, and H.E.R are all people who write with their hearts and souls which really makes listeners fall in love with their music,” said Breeding

Since the release of her first song with artist Keezy called “Front” in August of 2016 Sarah has blown up throughout Roanoke as well as in surrounding counties. From the time she released to song till now “Front” is now the most played son on Keezy’s album and streaming numbers continue to skyrocket Breeding has even gotten reports of people in Saudi Arabia listening to her music.

“My music is a way of venting, there’s some thoughts in my head that I never know how to express to people up front so when it builds up in my mind I just put it in a song and hope everyone else out there has been through the same thing,” said Breeding.

Sarah’s love and passion for what she does as well as the overwhelming support and positivity people have given her from her past two releases. She says it inspires her to keep doing what she’s doing, which is writing and performing songs.

“I’ve had so many people tell me that my songs are relatable to situations they’re going through and that it actually helps them through those situations when they listen to my music,” said Breeding.

Breeding has recently released a song called “Ease your Mind” which was recorded in August of 2017 and was released to the public on February 14th, 2018. Right in time for the lovers holiday of the year, Valentine’s Day. The song has already been played almost 10,000 times on Breeding’s Soundcloud and was retweeted 167 times and liked over 300 times.

“I actually didn’t like the song at first which is why it took me until about a month ago to drop it. I dropped the song on Valentine’s Day because it’s more of a love song that you can vibe with your boo or your friends,” said Breeding.

“Ease your Mind” was very much delayed in its release due to Sarah not loving the song itself and the way it flowed. In the end it turned out to turn into something I loved and wanted to put out for people to here so I did it,” said Sarah.

Sarah’s songs display a variety of feeling and emotion but mostly pertains to love and heartbreak which she feels is something many girls her age can relate to.

“I think these days’ people have drifted away from writing about real life situations and have made a big focus on money and drugs and going to the club. But that’s not how I want my music to be. When people listen to my music I want them to hear a story and truth through what I sing,” said Breeding.

Breeding hopes to continue her career as an R&B artist in Roanoke and continues to work on new and exciting songs every day. She very much appreciates all the love and support the locals have given her since she started putting her music out.

“Being an aspiring artist in a small town is different because there’s not really other female R&B singers in Roanoke that are putting music out there. But my love for the other local artists is unconditional. I put up singing videos and all the local artists in the area are always the first people to repost and like it so I have a lot of love for them,” said Breeding.

Sarah wants to continue to put out music that people not just in Roanoke love but around the world for people to hear. You can find Sarah’s music on Soundcloud, Spotify, and Apple Music and can also follow her on all of her social media’s accounts.

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Movies

Black Panther review

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Movies

Star Wars: The Last Jedi review

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Movies

Wonder Movie Review: WONDERful

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Music

U2 Album Review

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Music

Billie Eilish: Don’t Smile At Me album review

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Movies

The Vampire Diaries review

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Arts and Entertainment

A Series of Unfortunate Events review

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Arts and Entertainment

ZAYN book review

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Movies

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story movie review

• Local Musician Sarah Breeding

Music

J.Cole album review

Local Musician Sarah Breeding