A Series of Unfortunate Events review

The book's logo.

The book's logo.

Mariam Chaudry, Staff Reporter

A Series of Unfortunate Events is a new TV show which came out as an eight episode series on Netflix. The children who the show is centered around are Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire. The release date of the show was on Friday, January 13, 2017. The show got very positive ratings and many people were interested in watching the show.

On imbd, the show was rated 8.1/10.

The show was based off the books, A Series of Unfortunate Events, by Lemony Snicket. The first season of the show was based off of the first four books in his series: The Bad Beginning, The Reptile Room, The Wide Window, and The Miserable Mill.

The plot of the show is that there were three children, The Baudelaires, whose parents perished in an unexpected house fire. They then got placed with a distant relative, Count Olaf. He was a terrible guardian who only wanted to take care of the children, so he could inherent their large fortune. The kids tried to tell Mr. Poe, a banker who was in charge of the children’s guardianship, that Count Olaf was evil but he would never listen. Eventually, they were set to a different distant relative, yet Count Olaf found them again. Every time they were placed into a new home with a different relative, Count Olaf would find them and try to take them. At the end of the show it is shown that Mr. Poe left the children at a boarding school and Count Olaf was sent to jail.

My opinion on the show was that it was amazing. It was interesting to see how Count Olaf would find the children again, and when there was a plot twist, I was shocked.

My favorite episode was the third one: “The Reptile Room: Part One”. It seemed as if the kids were going to have a great life living with Dr. Montgomery, and from the moment the children entered his home, it looked like they were going to love it. Then, I felt very bad for the children when Olaf yet again came disguised.

I would recommend this show to both children and adults. Both age groups would love this show since it is very exciting and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The show was also very mysterious, since you would never know what could happen.

My overall opinion on the show is that it is an amazing show which people should watch if they enjoyed the original movie or reading the books!

9/10

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Movies

The Vampire Diaries review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Arts and Entertainment

ZAYN book review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Movies

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story movie review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Music

J.Cole album review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Arts and Entertainment

Rolling Stones album review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Arts and Entertainment

Fall fashion review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Arts and Entertainment

Revival Tour concert review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Arts and Entertainment

Bruno Mars album review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Arts and Entertainment

Shawn Mendes album review

• A Series of Unfortunate Events review

Movies

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Review

A Series of Unfortunate Events review